Welcome to The Joseph Whitaker School
Dear Parents / Carers
Welcome to The Joseph Whitaker School website.
Our aim is to ensure that The Joseph Whitaker School is an outstanding school that the community can be proud of. We want every pupil to achieve the highest possible academic outcomes and this is our number one priority. We know that this will only happen by providing the highest standards of teaching. We also provide a wide range of opportunities and we value students’ achievements across a variety of areas, including sport, the performing arts and in the wider community.
Following the unanimous Governors decision on 16 March 2016 for The Joseph Whitaker School to consult with all stakeholders with respect to the school becoming part of the East Midland Education Trust (EMET) from 1 September 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter, the link to the consultation is given below:
The Governors of The Joseph Whitaker School set some key principles to determine our preferred Multi Academy Trust:
- The lead school should be Ofsted graded Outstanding
- The identity, ethos and values of The Joseph Whitaker School should be maintained and developed, not subsumed by the MAT
- The Joseph Whitaker School and Local Governing Body (LGB) should be as autonomous as possible
- For The Joseph Whitaker School to be offered a Director’s position on the Academy Trust Board.
- The opportunity for our Family of Schools to join the chosen MAT in the future if they would wish to.
The importance of the consultation should not be under estimated in terms of the future direction of the school. However, given the current national policy direction I believe that by joining EMET it would give us the best possible chance of maintaining our ethos and values, with the additional benefits of high quality support and development opportunities for our staff and young people.
I look forward to your questions and comments. Please e-mail any questions or comments to my PA, Mrs Booth, via email@example.com and these will be published on the website under the above link with a school response. As ever please do not hesitate to contact me in relation to any school matters.