Welcome to The Joseph Whitaker School
Dear Parents / Carers
Welcome to The Joseph Whitaker School website.
Our aim is to ensure that The Joseph Whitaker School is an outstanding school that the community can be proud of. We want every pupil to achieve the highest possible academic outcomes and this is our number one priority. We know that this will only happen by providing the highest standards of teaching. We also provide a wide range of opportunities and we value students’ achievements across a variety of areas, including sport, the performing arts and in the wider community.
The Joseph Whitaker School Governing Body considered the invitation from the East Midlands Education Trust to join the trust, on or as soon as possible after the 1 September 2016, at their meeting on 14 July 2016.
I am pleased to report that the Governing Body voted in favour of this proposal subject to the due diligence report on EMET by our solicitors.
The key principles set at the start of this process are re-iterated below.
- The lead school should be Ofsted graded Outstanding
- The identity, ethos and values of The Joseph Whitaker School should be maintained and developed, not subsumed by the MAT
- The Joseph Whitaker School and Local Governing Body (LGB) should be as autonomous as possible
- For The Joseph Whitaker School to be offered a Director’s position on the Academy Trust Board.
- The opportunity for our Family of Schools to join the chosen MAT in the future if they would wish to.
Currently the legal process is continuing prior to the application to the DfE.
A delegated group of Governors and the Headteacher will meet on 8 August 2016 to review the due diligence report on EMET. I will write to parents prior to the start of next term with an update on the progress.
As ever please do not hesitate to contact me in relation to any school matters.