The Joseph Whitaker Parent Teacher Association
Pupils and Parents Together
The Joseph Whitaker School Parent Teacher Association are looking to expand their membership. Could you become involved in supporting the whole school community and raising funds?
The Joseph Whitaker Parent Teacher Association (JWPTA) aims to encourage strong links between parents, students and staff at the school. The members, along with the School Council and Senior Leadership representative, meet regularly to organise and promote activities which support the school and benefit its pupils. If you are unable to attend the Committee Meetings but are able to support any events or you have ideas about raising funds please contact us.
The JWPTA work hard to raise funds for the school and in the past three years have raised over £6000. These funds have supported the school to:
- Provide picnic tables for pupils at lunchtime
- To provide equipment for the school’s Young Engineers group
- To provide sound and lighting equipment in the Hall
During the 2016-17 academic year we are trying to connect the JWPTA more closely to the activities of the School Council thus enabling students and parents to support each other with volunteering and fundraising.
It’s easy and there are over 3,000 participating retailers.
How to sign up and start raising money for JWPTA:
Complete the registration form by:
1) In the ‘Join now’ box – search for a cause
2) Type JWPTA and press search
3) JWTPA (Blidworth) will appear. Highlight this and left click to open JWPTA page
4) Select ‘JOIN US’ which will take you to a page to create an account
5) Complete form and select ‘create account’
6) Complete the personal details section and ‘continue’
7) Complete the policies and contracts page or tick the box to say ‘I don’t need this’ then ‘continue’
8) Follow instructions on the Donation Reminder page or select ‘I don’t want the Donation Reminder’ then ‘continue’
9)Registration is complete.
The next time you shop online, START at easyfundraising.org.uk or via your Donation Reminder and log in ( you will not need to complete the registration form each time).
If you shop with your phone or tablet you can download the easyfundraising app.
Simply choose the online store you want to shop at, whether it’s eBay, Amazon, John Lewis or any of the other top 3,000 participating retailers. Then just shop as normal – the prices are exactly the same!
Make a purchase.
The retailer gives a donation back to your school!
On average, each retailer will donate 5% of the cost of your shopping – so those donations soon mount up if every parent in the school starts doing the same! Even more if we can ask family and friends and local businesses to do so too.
Would you like to be involved?
The JWPTA are always looking for volunteers to help at events serving refreshments at Parents’ Evenings, concerts and events, selling raffle tickets and attending committee meetings.
We’d love your feedback if you have any ideas about events or would like to help!
For a more detailed picture of our plans for this academic year, please click on the link below to download our latest Newsletter:
School Lottery Launch