CEIAG (Careers Education Information and Guidance) is something that the school regards as a vital component within a student’s education.
The school has been awarded Career Mark, which is a national careers quality standard that recognises the strong careers education and guidance provision that the school provides.
To view a copy of our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance policy (CEIAG), please click here: Careers Education and Guidance Policy
Examples of some of the provision and opportunities available to our students include;
- Support from a Personal Tutor who knows them well and who can help them to access specialist advice and ensure any learning needs or issues are quickly addressed.
- Access to support from a specialist Careers Guidance practitioner from the CDI professional register.
- Access to information and advice on choices and opportunities provided by the school as well as external organisations.
- Structured programmes of support and education around key decision making times (Yr 9, Yr11, Yr 12 and Yr13) that include;
- A tailored program of lessons delivered in PSHCE.
- Dedicated information evenings at school for parents and students
- External providers invited into school to talk to students or deliver group sessions and presentations
- Visits to information events and activities
- Opportunities to gain work experience in Year 10 and in Sixth Form.
Please see below for some useful resources to support students and their parents with researching and making decision with their future options.
This website is introduced to all students and is to be used as an online planning tool to help them plan their journey from 11 to 25. It helps them to understand their personal skills and strengths, to know what opportunities are available and to help with decision making and planning for the future.
National Careers Service website to access online information as well as telephone and online support from advisers.
Not Going to Uni – the one stop site for apprenticeships, gap years, distance learning and jobs
Need inspiration for your career? icould includes 1000 films of personal career stories, across all occupations.